Monday, October 12, 2015

From Hell (2001)

From Hell film.jpg  I think I am always just shy of actually loving this movie.  Every time I watch it I see something new but it doesn't linger for me like the best ones.  I have no idea why.

Inspector Abberline (Johnny Depp) is called to investigate a series of murders in Victorian Whitechapel.  Prostitutes are being found in grisly fashion, sometimes with organs missing or partially eaten.  Abberline discovers that all the prostitutes are connected through a secret so big it could destroy the empire and that one in particular, Mary Kelly (Heather Graham), might be the key to unlocking the identity of Jack the Ripper.

It's an interesting movie with a lot of different layers.  Heather Graham is woefully miscast and sticks out like a sore thumb but that can't be helped.  Everyone else is very good.  I can't think of anything else to say about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment