Sunday, November 20, 2016

Finding Dory (2016)

Finding Dory.jpg  We had to follow the horror movie up with something animated.  I wanted to see this in theaters but I didn't get a chance.  I didn't hear great things about it, but it's Pixar so even if it's crap, it's better than 90% of the rest of animated movies released in a year.

Dory (Ellen DeGeneres) is living pretty happily with Marlin (Albert Brooks) and Nemo (Hayden Rolence) on the reef but she can't help feeling like she's missing a family of her own.  Fragmented memories surface, leading her on another oceanic journey to find her parents (Diane Keaton and Eugene Levy).

Ok, yes, it is almost the exact same plot set up as Finding Nemo.  That does not matter in the slightest.  It is almost too adorable for words with lots of new characters, as well as returning favorites.  Baby Dory was so cute I couldn't function and Hank the octopus (Ed O'Neill) is my new spirit animal.  There were some issues with pacing I will admit, but overall this was a great new addition to my library.

No comments:

Post a Comment