Sunday, November 15, 2020

3-Iron (2004)

  This poster is gorgeous.  Unfortunately, I didn't like the movie all that much.

A young man (Hee Jae) breaks into people's houses while they are away.  He doesn't steal, just uses their shelter and facilities, maybe eats some food, and repairs small things around the house.  All harmless until he breaks into Ming-yu's (Hyuk-ho Kwon) house and discovers the man's battered wife, Sun-hwa (Seung-Yun Lee).  They run away together but the law is on Ming-yu's side and the young man is imprisoned.  Can the lovers find their way back to one another?

I don't like romantic dramas and I didn't know that's what this was going in.  It's not terrible, as these things go, but it's really not something I enjoyed.  The two main characters have one line of dialogue between them the entire movie and I found many of their choices bizarre.  Also, the whole "breaking into people's houses and sitting around until they come home" thing gave me anxiety.  It's currently streaming for free on Tubi.

No comments:

Post a Comment