Monday, August 15, 2016

Wild Target (2010)

  This came out of nowhere and was an absolute delight to watch.  I love hitman movies anyway but this was really something special.

Victor (Bill Nighy) is a top hitman, groomed since childhood to continue the family business, but his latest assignment is causing him some difficulty.  Rose (Emily Blunt) has ripped off a real estate mogul (Rupert Everett) and he wants her dead.  But Victor is too amused/appalled by her kleptomaniac charm to pull the trigger.  He winds up protecting her from the second best assassin (Martin Freeman) and picking up an apprentice (Rupert Grint) for good measure.

I can't emphasize enough how adorable this film was.  While I'm not personally a fan of the May-December romance, Blunt and Nighy are great together and it was nice to see Grint outside of his Griffyndor robes.  You almost see too much of him as he spends several scenes in bathtubs but fortunately his wizarding wand is kept well away.

Last week I managed to get 13 posts in but this past weekend was much lighter.  I'm trying to stay current on the Rio Olympics and also trying to stay one step ahead of the space limit on my DVR since I apparently decided to record every event.  It leaves me less time to watch movies but these games only come around every four years.

No comments:

Post a Comment