Saturday, June 25, 2011

You Kill Me (2007)

  I promise I'm not intentionally watching similar movies back to back.  I got The Matador as a disc and had a couple of days where I wouldn't get the next one so I jumped over to my Streaming Queue.  This one was on top, despite being dowin around #22 in the DVD queue.  It's just coincidence that they happen to follow one another.

Although, not that big of a coincidence considering that half my movies contain assassins of some sort. 

Anyway, this one is also about an alcoholic hitman but it's way funnier.  Frank (Ben Kingsley) works as a hitman for the Polish mob in Buffalo.  His drinking causes him to pass out when he's supposed to be killing a rival mob boss (Dennis Farina) so his bosses send him to San Francisco to dry out.  The mob contact there (Bill Pullman) gets him a temporary job as a mortuary assistant and enrolls him in AA.  Luke Wilson is his gay sponser and Tea Leoni is the woman he meets after her stepfather dies.

Ben Kingsley is a much better actor than Pierce Brosnan and this movie is much more well written than Matador.  That one I would say is fairly middling but I liked this one a lot.  Probably still not going to buy it, unless I see it somewhere for $4.  Then I might.

No comments:

Post a Comment