Saturday, October 29, 2011

After the Sunset (2004)

  I started watching this movie and realized that I had actually seen part of it on cable a few years ago.  I kept watching, wondering at which point I had previously turned it off, and then it ended.  I had seen the whole damn thing before.  That almost never happens to me.  I either remember what happens in the end and turn it off or I've never seen it.  But that pretty much sums up the movie.  It makes almost no impression.  You could watch it 100 times and probably still retain nothing about it.

Max (Pierce Brosnan) and Lola (Salma Hayek) are jewel thieves who retire to the Bahamas after their last heist.  After about six months, Max starts feeling that old pull.  About that time, the FBI agent who had been on their tail (Woody Harrelson) shows up to warn them off stealing the one remaining Napoleon diamond from a cruise ship.  Meanwhile, the local gangster (Don Cheadle) wants to hire Max to steal the diamond to finance his business ventures.  A local constable (Naomie Harris) teams up with the FBI agent to try and catch somebody doing something.

The movie operates mostly like an ad for the Atlantis resort in the Bahamas, being shot on location there.  It does look like a super-nice resort.  Other than that, there's absolutely no reason to watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment