Sunday, May 24, 2015

Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009)

Fantastic mr fox.jpg  I must have seen this right before I started doing my blog because I could have sworn I had written about it already.  Turns out I hadn't. This was the first Wes Anderson film that I actually liked.

Mr. Fox (George Clooney) promised Mrs. Fox (Meryl Streep) that he would give up his chicken thieving ways when she announced her pregnancy.  Unfortunately, the urge to take down the three meanest farmers in the region proves to be too strong.  When the farmers come to take revenge, Mr. Fox has to get help from the entire animal population to save his family.

Stop-motion animation has the potential to be incredibly creepy and this intentionally walks a fine line.  You might find it off-putting.  I thought it was well done.  Roald Dahl and Wes Anderson actually go hand-in-hand better than you'd think.  It manages to find the right amount of "quirk" without being annoyingly twee.  Plus, the soundtrack is really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment