Sunday, June 26, 2016

Jennifer's Body (2009)

One of the good things about liking something no one else did is that you can get it for really cheap.  I got a blu-ray of this for $5.  Totally worth it.  If anything, I liked it even more this time than I did my first watch.  I also noticed a small part from Chris Pratt as Roman, the police cadet from the early bar scene.  That doesn't really have anything to do with the movie, I just thought it was neat.  Originally posted 02 Jan 12.    Myabe just because I had incredibly low expectations, but I didn't find this movie as horrible as people said it was.  It's not a great movie but it's pretty cute.

Beautiful Jennifer (Megan Fox) is inexplicably friends with gawky Needy (Amanda Seyfried).  At least, in Needy's mind.  In reality, Jennifer just needs someone lesser around to constantly be better than.  Every girl knows a girl like that and if you don't, it's because it's you.  However, there's a chance that both girls will eventually grow out of this phase until an indie emo band comes to town.  Low Shoulder wants to make it big and they figure the power of the darkside will help them.  After a fire burns down the bar, the band takes Jennifer to be their virgin sacrifice.  Thing is, she's not actually a virgin and the sacrifice turns her into a vessel for the demon they conjure.  Needy is the only one who can tell that there is just something off about Jennifer.  And then boys start showing up mutilated and partially eaten.

This movie could have been better, I'll grant you.  It just needed a little push in the right direction, either more horror or more comedy.  It had both, but not enough of either to really define it.

1 comment:

  1. *gasp*
    You actually LIKED this movie...
    ...I.....I.......I got nothing....

    /shakes head-walks away

    ReplyDelete