Saturday, June 11, 2016

Road Trip (2000)

  This wasn't as gross as I thought it was going to be.  I remember people talking about it but I was never interested in seeing it.  If it hadn't been on the server, I probably would never have since it's not the type of comedy I respond to in any way.

Josh (Breckin Meyer) and his only girlfriend, Tiffany (Rachel Blanchard), are at separate colleges but still trying to stay together.  After a week of missed calls, Josh believes Tiffany has broken up with him and gives in to the temptation to bang Beth (Amy Smart), the girl who's been eyeing him all semester.  They film their tryst but the tape accidentally gets mailed to Tiffany, who has been away at a relative's funeral.  So instead of realizing that he is just a giant asshole, Josh decides to round up his three best friends and make a mad headlong dash to Austin, Texas to retrieve the tape before Tiffany can see it.

There is no reason to watch this film.  It is just a mass of bad decisions.  No one is funny.  No one is clever.  Everything they do is stupid and that's somehow supposed to be hilarious.  If I want to see people make stupid decisions that ruin lives, I'll watch CSPAN.  If I want to see people being disgusting, I'll go to Wal-Mart.

This is my 1500th post.  I'm sorry it had to be on such a shitty movie.  I'm going to do a big ranking thing for my whole blog but that's going to take some time to put together so stick around for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment