Sunday, July 31, 2016

Jurassic World (2015)

I re-watched this to see if it really was as good as I remembered or if I was just ecstatic from a good theater experience.  It was the movie.  It is absolutely worth owning if you somehow missed it in theaters.  Maybe you were on the fence about it and the glowing reviews from everyone, everywhere didn't somehow make your mind up for you.  Go.  Buy this movie.  Marvel at how Chris Pratt tames dinosaurs.  Wonder if there's anything Chris Pratt can't do.  Secretly move Chris Pratt higher up your mental list of "Celebrities I'd Sleep With Given a Chance".  Original review posted 21 Jun 2015.  Jurassic World poster.jpg  I was on the fence about this, as you'll remember from my review of the original Jurassic Park, but I was swayed by nostalgia and some really positive reviews.  I am so glad I went to see this.

Despite the tragic failure of the original park, a dinosaur zoo was just too good of an idea to waste.  Billionaire Simon Masrani (Irrfan Khan) has taken the reins from John Hammond (Sir Not-appearing-in-this-film) but leaves most of the day-to-day running in the hands of his right-hand-woman, Claire (Bryce Dallas Howard).  She is a no-nonsense businesswoman with an eye on the bottom line at all times, leaving her no real room to babysit her two nephews, Zach (Nick Robinson) and Gray (Ty Simpkins), who are visiting the resounding success that is Jurassic World.  But theme parks have to be constantly improving, which means bigger, meaner, more crowd-pleasing dinosaurs. Animal trainer Owen (Chris Pratt) is asked to inspect the paddock of their newest creation, the Indominus Rex, after he has done such a good job with the velociraptors, but Indominus proves to be more than just the sum of her parts.  And then, folks, we are back to the carnage.

This movie was so. much. fun.  Christy and I went for her birthday and just had a blast watching it.  It is truly a worthy sequel to the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment