Sunday, July 31, 2016

Just Like Heaven (2005)

  Hey, look at that!  It's one of the three romantic comedies I own!  I can't even really take credit since I didn't buy this.  It was part of the group I got from the Bowen's.

Recently widowed David (Mark Ruffalo) moves into an apartment in San Francisco but finds that the previous tenant (Reece Witherspoon) just won't leave.  The catch is that David is the only one who can see her.  She doesn't remember what happened to her or even what her name is but is adamant that she is not dead.  In order to get any peace, David has to find out what happened to her.

See, that makes it sound like it's not all squishy and whatnot.

I normally hate anything that remotely resembles a rom-com but this managed to sneak by my defenses, mainly because of the ghost story element.  Witherspoon can be really charming when she's not being a grating shrew while Ruffalo nails just being a regular guy.  Supporting turns from Donal Logue and Dina Waters don't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment