Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Chasing Coral (2017)

  This was not nominated for an Oscar and I think that's a crying shame.  It really could have benefited from the signal boost.

I'm not going to lie, this documentary depressed the fuck out of me.  I had to go take a stress nap after I watched it.  It's about a group of divers concerned about the widespread death of coral reefs so they start looking into the issue only to find it's like three concurrent issues, all caused by humans, and maybe all irreversible at this point.

Climate Change:  It's Not Just Fucking Things Up on Land

I'm sure that was a rejected tagline.  It's on Netflix and it's beautifully shot and really moving, but seriously, block off some time afterwards to do something nice for yourself.  And maybe go to their site and find out what, if anything, we can do to stop this shit before it's too late.  Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment