Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Ultimate Avengers II (2006)

I missed last weekend because I took an impromptu trip to Colorado to visit my boyfriend.  But it's Spring Break so I'm going to make it up to you by posting all week long!

Image result for ultimate avengers 2  I feel bad for picking on it, but this is nowhere near as good as any of the Marvel live-action films.  Maybe if I hadn't just watched Black Panther this wouldn't be so bad but the comparison is not kind.

After being defeated by the Avengers in Part I, the evil Chitauri/Nazi Herr Kleiser (Jim Ward) sets his sights on the giant ore of vibranium in Wakanda.  Prince T'Challa (Jeffrey D. Sams) reaches out to Captain America (Justin Gross) but he is deep in a depressive spiral and no-one can seem to shake him out of it.  Fury (Andre Ware) puts Black Widow (Olivia d'Abo) in charge of the team but she finds it hard to control a bunch of superpowered egomaniacs.

It's just...not good.  I feel like there's this weird mirror where Marvel live-action movies kick the shit out of DC's but the animated ones are the exact opposite.  I've heard nothing but praise about all the DC Universe animated films, even though I've only seen a couple.  Maybe someday I'll have the time to give them a real shot.  The Marvel ones are going to be a hard pass for me, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment