Sunday, July 29, 2018

Lady Bird (2017)

  Another one I forgot to write about!  This one makes me angry because I suffered through watching this goddamn thing and then I didn't even get the views for it.

Christine "Lady Bird" McPherson (Saoirse Ronan) is a teenage girl growing up in California desperate to get her life started.  She attends a private Catholic school and dreams of being noticed by the popular set, finding a boyfriend, going to an East Coast college, and becoming an actress.  Along the way, she is a total asshole to every single person she knows.

I do not understand how this movie is so relatable to people.  This character is rude, disloyal, bitchy, and a pathological liar.  Everything about her is The Worst.  Watching this film made me hate Greta Gerwig even more than Frances Ha and I didn't think that was possible.  This is peak pretentiousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment