Saturday, May 23, 2020

Patton Oswalt: I Love Everything (2020)

This is not going to be a typical post.  My allergies are killing me, I have a monster headache, and I just didn't have the bandwidth to watch a movie today.  So I watched a comedy special on Netflix.

Patton Oswalt is one of my favorite comedians.  I have enjoyed every single one of his stand up shows and I love seeing him in cameos in movies and TV shows.  I just really like that dude.

This special was filmed in 2019, before all this craziness happened.  He talks about buying a house, getting remarried, turning 50, and the dark immutability of Denny's.  It's an hour and six minutes of cynicism-touched happiness and it's totally worth it.

It also leads into a second comedy special by somebody named Bob Rubin, who I have never heard of but who is apparently a well-regarded figure by Oswalt and other comedians.  I didn't (again) have the bandwidth for anyone or anything longer than 66 minutes so I didn't watch it.  Maybe I will later, I don't know.  Today was not the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment