Saturday, May 2, 2020

The Adventures of Milo and Otis (1986)

The world kind of sucks right now.  Everyone is stuck at home, idiots are threatening the lives of the vulnerable in the name of getting a haircut, my grandma died, and everything is just exhausting all of the time.  So why not watch a movie about a kitten and a puppy who are best friends and go on adventures?  I've only ever seen the English version, not the original Japanese, so I might be missing out but I think this is a damn near perfect comfort movie.  Dudley Moore absolutely nails the narration.  If you need to turn your brain off for a little while because it keeps trying to kill you, this is a great way to get some peace.  Originally posted 25 Nov 2012.    I used to watch this movie all the time when I was a kid.  I finally got rid of the VHS tape it was on and upgraded to a DVD last year I think.  I've been waiting until I got back to the A's to watch it.  Part of me wondered if I had grown too cynical to enjoy the adventures of an orange tabby kitten and his pug friend, as narrated by Dudley Moore.  I worried that the weight of my adult life had finally quashed my ability to feel that sense of wonder and OMG LOOK AT THE SNUGGLEBUNNIES!!!!! 

SQUEEEE!!!!  THEY'RE SO CUTE AND FLUFFY!!!!!

And that was pretty much the end of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment