Sunday, April 17, 2022

American Reunion (2012)

  It will surprise none of you to learn that I do not get the American Pie series.  I don't find it funny and the fact that so many people related to it that it became a pop culture touchstone is baffling to me.  Never let it be said, however, that I shy away from things just because I don't find them funny.  It was on the server, I had never seen it, and instead of just immediately deleting it, I gave it a shot.

I still didn't like it.

Jim (Jason Biggs) is happily married to Michelle (Alyson Hannigan) but definitely feels frustrated they don't have time for each other because they are busy taking care of their small child.  When he gets a notice about his 10-year high school reunion, he sees it as an opportunity to relive a more carefree time with his three best friends, and Stifler (Seann William Scott).  Amidst various hijinks, the five dudes come to terms with their lives by confronting the choices they've made.

If you were a fan of the series, this is probably a nice piece of nostalgia.  The entire original cast returns, storylines get wrapped up, and the exact same jokes are rehashed.  For anyone else, there is nothing here for you that hasn't been done repeatedly in other films.  I erased it from my server but it's streaming on Peacock if you have the premium tier.  


No comments:

Post a Comment