Monday, February 1, 2010

Ambitious new plan

The Oscar season is upon us. I look forward to this every year. In fact, it's one of the only things I like about winter (other than Christmas. I love Christmas.)

Tomorrow at 5:30 EST, the 82nd Annual Academy Award nominations will be read. Every year, I promise myself I will see at least all of the Best Picture nominations, if not all the other categories. Every year, I completely fail at this task. (But really, who saw The Reader? No one, that's who.)

But not this year!

This year, my friends, I make a daring and bold pledge. I will print the nominations in their entirety, put as many as I am able into my Netflix queue, and review them all before the ceremony on March 7th.

I don't expect to have a 100% success rate. I'm sure millions of other people want to see these films and have the exact same idea. But I will do as many as I can. So, starting tomorrow, look here for the complete list of nominations. I'll even put a little Oscar countdown at the bottom of each relevant post.

No comments:

Post a Comment