Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sex Drive (2008)

Okay, I was going to post the Repo Men review on Saturday but I had a date. Not just any date, mind you, but the climactic Third Date. So I'm just getting around to posting stuff today. Ahem.

Anyway, my current paramour came over early on Saturday morning and he brought a movie. Specifically, he brought the movie Sex Drive. It wouldn't have been my choice, but then, I picked Repo Men for our second date and he stuck around. It was only fair.

It's not a terrible movie. It's a very typical desperate-dude-tries-to-find-someone-to-pop-his-cherry-and-confuses-sex-with-intimacy. It was apparently based on a book written by someone who had never seen The Sure Thing or even Eurotrip. As with many of these movies, the supporting characters are what seals the deal, so to speak. In this case, Seth Green as a devastatingly sarcastic Amish mechanic, and James Marsden as a psychotic but charmingly abusive elder sibling really elevated the movie from 'tolerable' to 'hilarious in parts'.

I know I had just set a schedule for myself and here I am, already fucking it up. I'll try to be better for you guys. I've got Donnie Darko coming in the mail tomorrow or Tuesday so come back for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment