Thursday, January 20, 2011

Golden Globes winners

Let's see how I did with my wild-ass guesses.

Best Motion Picture Drama
I said:  The Social Network
Actual winner:  The Social Network (score one for me!)

Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Drama
I said:  Halle Berry
Actual winner:  Natalie Portman (I obviously didn't know what the hell I was talking about.)

Best Actor in a Motion Picture, Drama
I said:  Jesse Eisenberg
Actual winner:  Colin Firth

Best Screenplay Motion Picture
I said:  Danny Boyle and Simon Beaufoy  (I missed the first 45 minutes of the show but I don't think 127 Hours won a damn thing)
Actual winner:  Aaron Sorkin

Best Motion Picture, Comedy or Musical
I said:  nothing.  I didn't have a guess for this one.  Oops.
Actual winner:  The Kids Are All Right

Best Actress, Comedy or Musical
I said:  Emma Stone
Actual winner:  Annette Benning (well, to be fair, I said I hoped Emma got it but I thought it would probably be Annette.  Counting that as a half point.)

Best Actor, Comedy or Musical
I said:  Johnny Depp
Actual winner:  Paul Giamatti

Best Supporting Actress
I said:  Mila Kunis
Actual winner:  Melissa Leo

Best Supporting Actor
I said:  Michael Douglas
Actual winner:  Christian Bale (totally deserved it)

Best Animated Feature Film
I said:  Toy Story 3
Actual winner:  Toy Story 3 (duh)

Best Foreign Language Film
I said:  Biutiful
Actual winner:  In a Better World (/shrug)

Best Original Score, Motion Picture
I said:  Hans Zimmer for Inception
Actual winner:  Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross for The Social Network

Best Original Song, Motion Picture
I said:  "You Haven't Seen the Last of Me"
Actual winner:  "You Haven't Seen the Last of Me" (win!)

Best Television Series, Drama
I said:  didn't pick one
Actual winner:  Boardwalk Empire

Best Actress, TV Drama
I said:  didn't care
Actual winner:  Katey Sagal

Best Actor, TV Drama
I said:  still didn't care
Actual winner:  Steve Buscemi

Best TV Series, Comedy or Musical
I said:  Glee.  A million times Glee
Actual winner:  Glee

Best Actress, TV Comedy or Musical
I said:  Glee again
Actual winner:  Laura Linney

Best Actor, TV Comedy or Musical
I said:  Glee again!
Actual winner:  Jim Parsons

Best Actress, Mini-series or Made for TV
I said:  /shrug
Actual winner:  Claire Danes

Best Actor, Mini-series or Made for TV
I said:  /yawn
Actual winner:  Al Pacino

Best Supporting Actress, Series, Mini-series or Made for TV
I said:  Glee!
Actual winner:  Jane Lynch

Best Supporting Actor, Series, Mini-series or Made for TV
I said:  Chris Colfer (by name this time, instead of just Glee)
Actual winner:  Chris Colfer

Best Mini-Series or Made for TV Movie
I said:  Glee?
Actual winner:  Carlos

Cecille B. DeMille Award
I said:  I didn't know they were giving that out.
Actual winner:  Robert DeNiro (whose acceptance speech was hysterical)

So there you go.  I have no idea what I'm talking about, except for musicals.  I am a gay man trapped in a woman's body.

1 comment: