Sunday, January 22, 2012

Bella (2006)

  I have no idea why Netflix lies to me.  It gets me to add movies to my queue by cleverly suggesting that I will like them and then I watch them and think "What the fuck is this?  How would this be in any way worth 3 stars to me, Netflix?"  Because it's all lies.  Horrible lies.

This is the incredibly boring story of Jose (Eduardo Verastegui), who accidentally mowed down a three-year-old with his car on his way to a press conference celebrating his professional soccer debut.  After four years in jail, Jose works as a chef in his brother's restaurant but walks out one day to chase down a waitress his brother fired for being late.  Turns out the waitress is pregnant, thus explaining her tardiness, and is trying to cope with the idea that she is both pregnant and unemployed.  Jose spends the day with her out of a sense of misplaced guilt that if he can somehow convince this woman to not get an abortion it will make up for the kid he decorated the grille of his car with.

This movie was so boring I stopped it halfway through and surfed the internet for two hours looking for funny articles to send to my cousin while she was at work.  I went back and finished it but it was an effort.  I'm giving it the foreign tag because it's about half in English and half in Spanish.

No comments:

Post a Comment