Monday, August 12, 2013

The Disappearance of Alice Creed (2009)

  This is one of those movies that feels bigger than it is.  It manages to be more powerful with a cast of three than recent movies have been with a cast of hundreds.

You have to feel bad for Vic (Eddie Marsan).  He's out of prison, planned an extremely professional abduction of heiress Alice Creed (Gemma Aterton), and everything seems to be going well.  It's not his fault his partner, Danny (Martin Compston), has been keeping secrets from him.

Gemma Aterton gives more emotion in this role than she has in the last three movies I've seen her in (Hansel and Gretel, Prince of Persia, and Clash of the Titans).  I'm used to seeing Eddie Marsan in more comedic roles and sometimes I forget that he can be quite serious. 

I enjoyed watching this, even if nothing came as a surprise.  It played out pretty much exactly the way I thought it would. 

No comments:

Post a Comment