Sunday, July 20, 2014

Two Mules for Sister Sara (1970)

    Last one of the Clint Eastwood collection!

Hogan (Clint Eastwood) is a mercenary hired by the Mexicans to take out a French outpost.  Along the way, he rescues a woman from being raped by three men, then learns that the woman is a nun, and that she's part of the Mexican intelligence network.  Sister Sara (Shirley MacLaine) and Hogan come from two different worlds but soon find that their goals are the same, even if their methods are completely at odds.

This is now my second time seeing this film and it is just as adorable as the first.  I can't believe it took me so long to be aware of this movie.  I think I watched it the first time in 2007.  Shirley MacLaine is too cute for words and Eastwood gives another wryly humorous role, even if he does mug a bit much for the cameras.  Of course, him having any expression other than an angry squint is practically overacting.

No comments:

Post a Comment