Saturday, October 15, 2016

That Hamilton Woman (1941)

Okay, this is super late but I have an excuse.  I am taking care of my three godchildren and it has absorbed most of my attention for the day.  They are watching Zootopia in blissful serenity (or at least quiet) so I have time to post something.     Emma (Vivien Leigh) has clawed her way up from stripping to be the wife of the British ambassador to Naples (Alan Mowbray).  She has money, position, and everything she ever wanted until she meets the heroic Lord Nelson (Laurence Olivier).  He is also married but the two begin a passionate affair.

This is decent romantic drama.  It's different from my usual fare but well worth watching.  Leigh and Olivier were married in real life so there's an added layer to their on-screen romance.

Okay, this is a crap post.  I'm sorry.  My creativity has run a little dry.  I will do better next time, I swear.

No comments:

Post a Comment