Thursday, October 21, 2021

Scare-a-Thon 2021 Day 21: Hex season 1 (2004)

  I only made it through three episodes.  

Cassie (Christina Cole) finds a voodoo artifact at her plush boarding school which unlocks previously unknown magical abilities but also de facto promises her soul to Azazeal (Michael Fassbender).  She has to uncover the secrets of the previous owner, Rachel McBain (Jessica Oyelowo), before Azazeal kills all of her classmates.

Witchy shows are hard for me.  I get really judge-y about them.  Worse, Hex is just kind of boring.  You only have six episodes in your season, why are you wasting Michael Fassbender by making him just stare broodingly from across a field while your idiot protagonist plays high school popularity games?  Some of the dialogue is funny and I loved Thelma's fashion sense, even if I hated her eyebrows, but it was not enough to keep me interested.  Plus, it was weirdly skeevy about her sexuality.  The good news is that it's not streaming anywhere and is only available by disc from Netflix.  I watched it on the server, which I burned from Christy's DVDs.


No comments:

Post a Comment