Saturday, July 27, 2013

Predators (2010)

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhQk3oC1dv2iviPNVyLup8kZJsizO2k2sXv_SLjLJlIA0YVrSuBDhSDaWAdaWIHliNuSsn1fWKBlBRGlUdSMbueX2gPXQMH7UPKazIaNJuIl-rFHPbwNjjIDLygUMYXfhXZFUo-XohAO-g/s320/Predators+(2010)+(Hindi).jpg  This is a terrible poster.  It looks like it was designed by a 9th grader.  But that's okay, because said 9th grader probably loved this movie.

Your inner 9th grader will love it too, if you let it.

Set as a direct sequel (albeit almost 30 years later) to the original Predator, eight strangers find themselves hurtling though the air towards a jungle.  The only thing they seem to have in common is that, in their real lives, they are surrounded by death.  Soldiers, convicts, cartel enforcers, and killers all, they must find a way to band together if they are to survive being stalked by the universe's greatest big game hunters.

I had very low expectations going into this so I was pleasantly surprised.  Now I'm not going to say it was the greatest action movie I've ever seen but it was entertaining enough in a B-movie way.  Plus, it has Walton Goggins AND Danny Trejo, which is just amazing.  Also, pleased to see Topher Grace in something.  Anything.  I found his character hilarious.  Of course, I expect entertainment from Robert Rodriguez.  Hell, I'm a little surprised Tom Savini wasn't in there somewhere.

It was a little weird to see Adrian Brody in a straight-up action role and it kind of looked like he was wearing a foam rubber He-Man muscle suit.  Very at odds with his face.  I think the best he's ever looked was in King Kong, but that's me.  That's pretty much my only criticism, though.  I don't know that it's a must-buy but if some one gave it to me, I wouldn't immediately trade it in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment