Saturday, November 16, 2013

Not much happening

So, it's been kind of a fast week for me, what with the holiday and all, so I'm a little behind on my movie-watching.  I thought I'd take a minute and catch you all up on some of the other stuff I've watched on the small screen.
  Fresh from my shelves, I have The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr., a sci-fi Western TV show starring Bruce Campbell that is criminally underappreciated.  This show was years ahead of its time with story arcs of alien artifacts, time travelers, and other anachronisms.  It only ran for 27 episodes in 1993-94 and you can pick up the whole set in one box.  I really do encourage you to see what a great show this was.

  On the server, I've been watching Falling Skies.  I'm only a couple of episodes into the first season but it's a pretty decent show so far.  I like Pope (Colin Cunningham), the psychopathic criminal/chef.  He's the best.  I'm not usually one for straight science fiction but I'll give it a shot and see what the first season brings.
  I am sorry to report that I watched the pilot for NBC's Dracula, starring Jonathan Rhys-Meyers, and I hated it.  I think it squandered all of the valuable elements of the book as well as a hundred years of canon, all in 44 minutes.  That's almost impressive in its suckiness, like how a black hole swallows planets.  So far, the only premiere worth a damn this year has been Sleepy Hollow.

  I know!  I'm surprised, too.  It has a very Grimm-like feel, but with the Apocalypse instead of fairy tales.  I don't know how they'll manage to stretch it out over more than one season but it's a very entertaining watch.

I'll be watching more stuff this weekend and hopefully, I'll have a better post for you guys by tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Aww! Poop! I hate to hear that Dracula sucked, I had such high hopes for it! :(

    ReplyDelete