Saturday, January 9, 2016

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (2005)

  It's shaping up to be a Martin Freeman kind of weekend.

Arthur Dent (Martin Freeman) is just a normal guy living in England when he discovers that his house is set to be demolished.  Coincidentally, that same day his entire planet is also set to be destroyed by an alien race of bureaucrats called Vogons.  Arthur's friend Ford Prefect (Mos Def) saves him moments before the Earth is disintegrated by jumping them onto a passing spaceship.  The ship has been stolen by Galactic President Zaphod Beeblebrox (Sam Rockwell) and his human girlfriend Trillian (Zooey Deschanel).  With the Vogons close behind, the four adventurers travel across the galaxy, searching for the question to the ultimate answer to life, the universe, and everything.

The first time I saw this movie I didn't really like it, despite having read all the books in the Hitchhiker series and enjoying them.  I don't remember what I was expecting but I didn't get it.  This time, however, I had a much better time with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment