Monday, January 4, 2016

The Man from U.N.C.L.E. (2015)

The Man from U.N.C.L.E. poster.jpg  I'd been wanting to see this for a while but I didn't get around to it until this weekend.  It was cute, even if it didn't quite live up to my expectations.

Napoleon Solo (Henry Cavill) is the CIA's top agent in 1960's East Berlin.  Ilya Kuryakin (Armie Hammer) is the KGB's top agent.  The two opposing sides are forced to work together to find a missing nuclear scientist, Udo Teller (Christian Berkel), believed to be hiding in Rome, before he can complete production on a warhead.  They have his daughter, Gaby (Alicia Vikander), as bait but it soon appears that at least one agent is falling for the beautiful mechanic.

Like I said, it's cute.  Like a lighter, fluffier version of Guy Ritchie's Sherlock Holmes.  This might even be the only time I've ever liked Henry Cavill.  I always like Armie Hammer, but I would have loved to see him be a lot more violent.  It really felt like they were holding back on this production.

No comments:

Post a Comment