Sunday, August 7, 2016

Dylan Dog: Dead of Night (2010)

Dylan Dog Dead of Night poster.jpg  This was barely a blip on the radar back in 2010 but I added it to my queue anyway.  I seem to be on a streak lately of liking movies no one else did.

Private Investigator Dylan Dog (Brandon Routh) used to specialize in helping the paranormal community of New Orleans until his wife was killed by vampires.  Now he sticks to mundane cases until a girl (Anita Briem) comes to him for help after her father was murdered by a large hairy beast.  Dylan is still inclined to say no, then his partner (Sam Huntington) gets killed by a giant zombie and now it's personal.

It was funny and different with a well-realized mythology, everything the shitty Constantine movie should have been.  I'm sad this didn't get picked up for a series but I definitely want to check out the graphic novels it's sourced from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment