Sunday, May 15, 2011

Black Angel (1997)

  I don't know what the hell is going on with Netflix but they have been suggesting some crapfests lately.  Or back in 2009.  Whenever I added this.

Someone suggested (quite intelligently) that it could have been because I liked Blood:  The Last Vampire but just because it's Japanese and has a girl in it doesn not make it similar.  Blood, for instance, had more monsters where Black Angel has heroin gangrapes.

Yeah.  So not kidding about that.

How bad is this movie?  Other than the aforementioned rape, there are squibs (the blood packs that simulate gunshots) that explode a half-second later than the blank is fired.  Bullets move at 1000 feet per second.  This kind of bullshit is unacceptable.

Bad English dialogue.  This is almost forgivable since this was obviously never released in the US and elsewhere in the world no one would care, but the character was supposed to have spent fourteen years growing up in LA.  This was one time where it would have been better to watch the dubbed version, instead of the subtitled one.  And I never say that

Lousy acting, lousy plot, wierd camera angles, and bizarre costuming.  Did I leave anything out?  I don't think so.  Now I have to go kill all the brain cells associated with watching this movie.  Where's the bar?

No comments:

Post a Comment