Tuesday, January 19, 2016

World of Tomorrow (2015)

Nominated for Best Animated Short
  Holy fuckballs, this might have been the weirdest short I've ever seen.  I'm just grateful at least one of them is on Netflix.

Emily (Winona Mae) is a little girl who gets a video call from her third-generation clone (Julia Potts) 227 years into the future.  Clone Emily wants to reach out and show Emily Prime what her world will look like and what will become of humanity.

At turns funny, disturbing, surreal, psychotic, and deeply insightful, there is a lot to pack in sixteen minutes.  I'm not entirely sure I caught everything.  I think my brain melted at some point for my own health.  I feel like it was brilliant but it also makes my eye twitch if I think about it too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment