Monday, December 26, 2011

Bedtime Stories (2008)

  I fully expected that I would not like this movie but it ended up being quite charming, a rare adjective from me concerning an Adam Sandler movie.  The CGI for all the fantasy sequences really set it on a higher plane, I think, as well as the supporting cast.  Guy Pearce apparently has a much finer sense of humor than I would ever have guessed to be able to make fun of himself so completely.

Skeeter (Adam Sandler) is a handyman at a mega-hotel.  Despite a promise to his father (Jonathan Pryce), the hotel owner intends to turn management over to his daughter's boyfriend (Guy Pearce).  Skeeter vents about this in the bedtime stories he tells his niece and nephew.  Unexpectedly, elements of the stories come to life after the kids' suggestions.  He tries to manipulate them for his own gain with mixed results.

There are supporting roles from Lucy Lawless, Keri Russell, Russell Brand, and Courteney Cox.

1 comment:

  1. I too was surprised that I didn't completely hate this movie...it didn't suck as much as it should have...

    ReplyDelete