Monday, November 14, 2011

51 (2011)

  I don't know why Rob has a shitty SyFy Original movie on his server.  I don't even know if this is the right poster for it.  I watched it while he was at work and asked him about it when he got home.  Specifically, I asked him why he had such a shitty SyFy Original movie on his server.  He laughed hysterically and told me that he'd never watched it.  He just downloaded it because it was there.  That's my boyfriend, ladies and gentlemen:  the digital hoarder.  He said now he's just going to start downloading random crap and turn his server into a movie minefield.

I can't even find it on the SyFy website.  It's like this movie doesn't even exist.  But I saw it!  I swear I did.

Okay, I was starting to freak out for a minute but IMDb came through for me again.  I had to search for it using one of the actors instead of by name.  Jeez.  And that is indeed the correct poster.

So, a couple of journalists get the chance to visit Area 51, against the better judgment of the commanding officer, Col. Martin (Bruce Boxleitner).  They're only supposed to see enough to get them to shut up about there being a government coverup about aliens.  Thing is, there totally are aliens and one known as Patient Zero (Jed Maheu) decides to bust out.  He can mimic anybody he's touched so he kills a doctor and sets the other aliens free.  They start killing everyone.

It's not as bad acting-wise as many of the SyFy movies, but the effects are cheesy and the plot is dumb. If you're awake at 3 a.m. and it's on, knock yourself out.  Otherwise, don't bother.

No comments:

Post a Comment