Sunday, November 20, 2011

I Sell the Dead (2008)

  This is a cute little movie.  I wouldn't put it on par with good horror comedies like Shaun of the Dead or Slither but it's a fun little zombie film.

Arthur Blake (Dominic Monaghan) is a grave robber on his last night before the guillotine.  A priest (Ron Perlman) asks him how he came to be started on a life of crime and off we go.  Apprenticed at a young age to a professional grave robber (Larry Fessenden), Arthur learns the tricks of the trade.  One day the two dig up a body buried at a crossroads with a necklace of garlic and a stake through its heart. This is their first encounter with the undead.  They soon learn that there is much more money to be made trafficking living dead rather than just regular dead, but there are more dangers too.  Specifically, a rival outfit called the House of Murphy, led by a psychotic bastard named Cornelius Murphy (John Speredakos) and his crew of freaks.

It was produced by IFC, so it might be a little hard to find unless you look for it specifically.  Netflix has it and probably Amazon, though I wouldn't recommend buying it unless you absolutely had to.

In related news (not really), I just started season 3 of Scrubs from my personal collection.  I love me some Scrubs and I have six seasons so that's going to take awhile.  I tried to watch Farscape on streaming but it just didn't grab me.  I made it through about two and a half episodes before I just junked it.  I fared a little better with Arrested Development, which Rob owns.  I wasn't laughing out loud but I found it entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment