Saturday, April 2, 2016

Headhunters (2011)

  I was really looking forward to watching this but I have to say I was kind of disappointed.  Which only goes to show that you should be open but not expectant of experiences.

Roger (Aksel Hennie) is a successful headhunter for a private firm but the real money for his lavish lifestyle comes from art theft.  When his wife (Synnove Macody Lund) introduces him to a smug recently-retired executive named Clas Greve (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau), Roger sees a golden opportunity to take the rich bastard down a peg or two.  Clas is no ordinary mark, however, and soon the stakes are life and death.

It's a decently suspenseful film and it's always nice to see good contemporary foreign cinema.  I just found myself wishing it were funnier or more clever or darker.  Something to give it just that little extra oomph to boost it out of the middle of the pack.  It wasn't there for me.  Maybe it'll be there for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment