Monday, April 4, 2016

The Impostors (1998)

This movie is just pure happiness for me.  I know I've been posting a lot of repeats here lately.  I'm finally getting to some of the ones I bought months or even years ago and never opened.  In this case, I don't even feel bad because I just want to put the word out about this movie.  I really cannot recommend it enough.  Originally posted 07 Sep 10.   This is such a great movie I'm surprised that more people haven't heard of it. I plan on buying it as soon as I can. Stanley Tucci wrote and directed it and it is adorably hilarious, very much in the style of 40's-era madcap comedies.

Stanley Tucci and Oliver Platt are a couple of out-of-work actors who find themselves trapped on an ocean liner after insulting Alfred Molina's performance of Hamlet. There's a deposed queen of an unnamed country, a broke recently-widowed socialite and her death-obsessed daughter, a sheik, a suicidal entertainer, a bomb-toting terrorist, a creepy German, and a couple of con artists.

The combined star power here is pretty awesome. Molina, Isabella Rossolini, Tony Shaloub, Steve Buscemi, Allison Janney, and a bunch of other people you would recognize if you saw. So what are you waiting for? Go watch it!

No comments:

Post a Comment