Sunday, April 10, 2016

The Incredibles (2004)

  Did you ever have one of those days where you just didn't feel like doing anything?  I've been trying for hours to work up the energy to write this post. 

It's been a long time since I've sat down and watched The Incredibles.  I forgot how much I enjoyed this film.  Pixar finally announced a sequel but it doesn't come out until 2019.  That is a fifteen year gap.  I have no idea if the sequel will be worth a damn after all that time but it's Pixar, so I don't dare bet against them.

Mr. Incredible (Craig T. Nelson) hung up his spandex a long time ago to settle into domestic life as his alter ego, Bob Parr.  But working at an insurance company just isn't fulfilling his superhero needs.  When he gets the opportunity to exercise his super-strength once more, he jumps at it, unwittingly playing right into super villain Syndrome's (Jason Lee) hands.  With Bob captured, it's up to his wife (Holly Hunter) and kids to rescue him and save the day.

This was an instant classic when it came out and it stays enjoyable no matter how many times you watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment