Monday, April 4, 2016

The Invisible (2007)

  As you may or may not have noticed, I didn't get a Christy Experiment for March.  It completely slipped my mind.  I told her she could have two picks for April and this is the first of them.

Nick (Justin Chatwin) is an upper middle class high school student who is assaulted and left for dead by the local troublemaker, Annie (Margarita Levieva), who mistakenly believed that Nick dimed her out to the cops.  He wakes up a wandering spirit, trying desperately to find someone who can find his body before it actually dies.  By a stroke of luck, only Annie can hear him.

I will tell you all right now that I didn't get this movie at all.  Also, there may be some spoilers from here forward.  What the hell was this trying to say?  The rich kid deserved to live more than the poor kid?  The girl needed to pay for almost killing the boy by giving up her life?  That's not an equal exchange.  I found this movie to be baffling in that respect.  There's a whole romantic subplot where the nearly-dead boy is essentially stalking the girl by following her everywhere while she is breaking into his house to moon over his emo poetry.  I didn't get that either.  Most damning of all, it is absolutely boring to watch.

If somebody can tell me one coherent idea contained within this movie, I am all ears.  Otherwise, I have to think that it's teenaged claptrap masquerading as art.

No comments:

Post a Comment