Saturday, April 2, 2016

Ice Age: The Meltdown (2006)

  This was another one from the Bowen's largesse.  I have all four of them on my server but I've only reviewed Continental Drift.  It seemed like as good a time as any to re-watch this on DVD, since it was there and all.

The Ice Age is coming to an end and the animals are forced to relocate to the other end of the valley to avoid the influx of water.  Manny the mammoth (Ray Romano) is worried that he may be the last of his kind but soon meets Ellie (Queen Latifah), a female mammoth.  The only problem --other than their incipient demise by flood-- is that Ellie believes that she is a possum because she was raised by a family of them.  Meanwhile, Diego (Denis Leary) must confront his fear of water and Sid (John Leguizamo) tries not to die of his own stupidity.

As sequels go, this isn't terrible.  It certainly didn't sink the franchise.  There's no denying that it lacks some of the wonder of the other films but it's honestly been so long since I've seen the first one I couldn't tell you what made it seem so special.  I remember the third one because it was hilarious and the fourth one because I've seen it most recently but it's been ages (no pun intended) since I watched the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment