Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Inside Man (2006)

I'm back!  Monday was my travel day and after 16.5 hours in the car I was exhausted.  But I did not forget you, my people of the digital shadows, and I am here today to give you the post you missed from yesterday.  Inside Man (film poster).jpg  Frankly, I thought I had already reviewed this but I had not.  I hate when that happens because it leaves me feeling like I don't have anything to say about this movie.  Which is stupid because I have something to say about damn near everything.

Detective Keith Frazier (Denzel Washington) is called out to negotiate with a bank robber (Clive Owen) holding hostages.  Meanwhile, a high-priced fixer (Jodie Foster) has been hired by the bank's chairman (Christopher Plummer) to negotiate the retrieval of very sensitive items that were in a safety deposit box.  Frazier has to navigate these shark-filled waters to get to the truth.

This is a very good heist movie, especially the first time.  A lot of mysteries don't work once you know the trick so for a movie like this to be watchable multiple times, it needs to have something extra.  There is a very sharp script handled by a wealth of impeccable actors.  It's really a worthwhile watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment