Saturday, April 9, 2016

Predator 2 (1990)

I apologize for the lateness.  I had no Internet or cable for almost the entire day.  As you may well imagine, this was an intolerable situation.  It was like being back in the Stone Age.  Or the 90's.  Not sure which is more horrible.  Speaking of the 90's...  Predator two.jpg  I skipped the original Predator because I bought it a while ago on blu-ray and I haven't gotten to the letter P yet.  I know I've seen this one before but it was at least 20 years ago and I remembered next to nothing about it.

Los Angeles is experiencing an unprecedented heat wave and a corresponding rise in violence.  Two rival gangs have turned the city into a war zone.  Police lieutenant Mike Harrigan (Danny Glover) is doing all he can to put an end to the hostilities but he is unprepared to face the true threat:  an alien sportsman treating the town as his own private game reserve.  The more Harrigan discovers, the greater danger he and his team are in.

This also has Bill Paxton, Gary Busey, and a very young Adam Baldwin (Jayne from Serenity, or Casey from Chuck, if you prefer).  It's definitely not the best in the franchise but it does provide a bit more backstory on the Predators.

No comments:

Post a Comment